HTTP GET request saves files on Plumsail servers?

Hello,

This is my first post in the community, so bare with me if you don't understand what I'm trying to say here.

Recently, I created a form in which visitors have to send attachments with their forms. So far so good. I work with Sharepoint for everything that is storage, and that includes saving the said attachments in it. For that, I've been using the Power Automate (MS Flow) connectors that exist for Plumsail Forms.

When it comes to saving the attachments, the only way I've been able to achieve this, is by making an HTTP GET request that recovers the contents of each file and then recreates them in my Sharepoint. Here's the flow :

I've realized that putting the url in the URI implies that the attachments must be saved somewhere in order to make this work. So I ran a test, and the url looks like this :

When I copied and pasted that link in my search bar, the attachment that came with the form was downloaded, no questions asked. The problem with this is that the company I work for is very strict in order of data privacy etc., and doesn't want their data (and ultimately their clients data) to be stored anywhere else than in our country/Sharepoint.

But then I thought of something, if I can use a HTTP request to GET my attachment, I should be able to do the same thing but deleting it. I don't know if it's possible though, which is why I'm asking this here. Does anyone know of a way to achieve this ?

Thank you for your time!

Dear @almecin,
Thank you for posting! Yes, that's how getting attachments to Power Automate works. It is true that the attachments are stored Azure Storage in Europe and can be downloaded by anyone with a link, but the data is encrypted at REST - Azure Data Encryption-at-Rest - Azure Security | Microsoft Docs

Ultimately, the file can only be obtained with the link. It's not possible to brute force the link, or access the file some other way and as soon as the link is gone, it's pretty much impossible to access.

We don't have mechanisms to delete the file itself right after flow, as of yet. The storage is cleared automatically every month, and you can do it manually via the account at any moment.

However, we can offer paid support to implement such an action for a reasonable price. If you'll consider such an option, contact us at support@plumsail.com and we'll estimate the amount of hours necessary.

Hey @Nikita_Kurguzov,

I see, thanks for the fast reply! I just have one more question. You said that it is possible to clear the storage manually via the account at any moment... I looked around for a bit, and I can't find that option anywhere. I already turned off the "save submissions" option, which I thought would also work for the attachments. Could you please pin point where you can exactly do that ?

Thank you so much.

Dear @almecin,
In order to clear storage, go to Plumsail Account - Forms - Subscriptions:

@Nikita_Kurguzov I see! I must have been really blind to not see this. Again, thank you so much!

1 Like