Is it possible to capture images via mobile device camera within Forms?

We have a requirement to capture images via mobile device and add them to entries in a SharePoint form, via either iPhone or Android Tablet. Is this possible using Forms for SharePoint and do you have any tutorials I can follow to acheive this?

Kind regards
Andy

Dear @abolam,

Could you clarify please, how you prefer it to be implemented, like simply the attachments or like the images on the form?

Hi Alex,

The ideal solution would be to be able to

• take a picture,

• show the picture in a field on the form (like a preview)

• create a button to save the previewed image as an image file

• save the image file into a library control on the form

But I appreciate I may have to do some of this legwork on my own :grinning:, which I’m hoping I can do easily with the pnp file syntax, the bit I’m stuck on is understanding how to invoke the mobile devices camera and get the image into my form somehow. Perhaps I’m missing something obvious like a camera control, feel free to point that out if one exists :blush:

Kind regards
Andy

Dear @abolam,

As a workaround, you can use the attachments field that allows picking an image from the camera’s gallery.

We can look into preparing the specification for you, just let us know your requirements in detail, get a few screenshots to better visualize the result, and send it to us to support@plumsail.com

It will require you to purchase extra support time (3 hours) from our store, so we can focus on these features.

Thank you Alex, I will try via the attachment control and if we require anything more bespoke I will contact you for a solution.

Kind regards
Andy