Lookup by Lookup field

Hello,

I was trying to understand the documentation around setting up dependent drop-downs. Unfortunately, the documentation isn't clear on how to set-up the lists in SharePoint.

Please can the documentation be revised so that you explain step-by-step how to set-up dependent drop-downs for lookup field?

Users have complained time and again about duplicates appearing in the lookup list and in return creates bad user experience.

Scenario
I have an org hierarchy which contains 5 columns:
Hospital
Division
Directorate
Specialty
Department
I want to filter from Hospital down to Department by a cascading drop-down method.

How can I set this up in from scratch, starting from the SharePoint List to Plumsail designer?

Thank you!

Dear @DryChips,
If I understand the structure correctly, it's like this:

1. Each Hospital has multiple Divisions
  2. Each Division has multiple Directorates
  3. Each Directorate has multiple Specialties
  4. Each Specialty has multiple Departments

Is that correct? That doesn't sound correct, but in order to help set up the lists we need to understand the relationship between various levels.

For example, if you have Product Categories, Product Subcategories, and Products, the division is very clear:

1. You create a List of all Categories, for example, Food, Drinks, etc.
  2. Then you create a List of all Subcategories, connect each Subcategory with lookup field to the Categories list, for example, Soda Drinks > Drinks, Fruit > Food, etc.
  3. Then you create a List of all Products, and connect each Product with lookup field to the Subcategories, for example, Coke > Soda Drinks, Orange > Fruit

Then, you have a hierarchy:
Coke > Soda Drinks > Drinks
Orange > Fruit > Food
etc.

Could I share an extract of the hierarchy with you so you can understand it better?

Hello @DryChips,

Yes, you can post it here or email us at support@plumsail.com.

I'll send you a direct message.