Lookup control doesn't work

Hello, I'm trying to add a lookup control to get a cascade option. However, it doesn't show data, I have created the same example: Filter Lookup by another field: Lookup, Person, Choice — SharePoint forms (plumsail.com)

Thanks,

Hello @Jocelyn1,

Welcome to Plumsail Community!

What SharePoint version are you using: Online or On-Premises? Is it a Lookup control?

Thanks for your reply @mnikitina
It's Online version, and yes it's a Lookup control.

@Jocelyn1,

What version of the desktop designer are you using?

Please check the web part and widget version the form is using. For this open developer tools (F12) >> source >> page >> forms.plumsai.com:

Please share the screenshot.

Hi @mnikitina
Please see below the version:

@Jocelyn1,

You are using the outdated version of the app package. You need to update the app package and re-save the form in order for Lookup control to work properly.

For this delete an existing app package and install the latest one from the Microsoft AppSource. Then re-save the form in the designer, clear the browser cache and test the form.

Hi Margarita,
Is there any risk to delete the existing package if we have some SharePoint forms currently active?.
In addition, is there any way to identify the SharePoint Sites were I have Plumsail forms?
Thank you

@Jocelyn1,

Updating app package won't affect existing forms until you re-save forms.

You can use PowerShell to list all sites and check either SitePages/PlumsailForms folder or list content types:
EditFormUrl
DisplayFormUrl
NewFormUrl

Thank you @mnikitina
I have a couple of questions:
I would like to know whether the Form has additional price?
Who should update the package, it required a dedicated account to download the app package?
Thank you

Hey @Jocelyn1,

I'm not sure if I'm getting your first question. Plumsail Forms is a paid software, and you need to purchase different editions separately (like Forms for Sharepoint Online and Forms for Sharepoint On-Premises). However, you don't have to pay for updates.

You don't need a dedicated account to update the package. The account you used to install it in the first place will do.

Here's a guide on how to install the package, you can follow the same steps to update it (you may need to remove the old one): Installation of Plumsail Forms for SP Online (Microsoft 365) — SharePoint forms

Then, download and update the desktop editor - Installation of Plumsail Forms for SP Online (Microsoft 365) — SharePoint forms

Open forms and re-save them for changes to apply. Don’t forget to clear browser’s cache to reload the scripts.

When you open a form after the update, make sure you have the latest version applied, you can check it on a form page in Sources, here’s how - Screen becomes white after a few seconds - #4 by mnikitina

Source files on the page must indicate webpart/1.1.0.1:
|357pxxauto

This is only possible if you’ve updated the app package, re-saved the forms in the latest version of the editor, and cleared the browser’s cache.

Let me know if this works.
And ask away if you have any unanswered questions, I'm here to help.

@IliaLazarevskii We're also running into this issue and have done everything you just stated. Is there anything else you can think of that could fix this issue? Lookup control was working until we updated our service desks to 2.1.36. We originally were trying to fix the white screen issue and our webpart and widget are now on the latest version as well.

Hey @dotuan,

Could you provide more context on what you are trying to do and what happens instead?
Are there any errors in the browser console?
Would be great if you recorded a HAR file and sent it our way at support@plumsail.com.

Here's how to record a HAR log: Troubleshooting Plumsail Forms for SharePoint Online in Microsoft 365 — SharePoint forms

We use a filter by lookup field. Now when the filter by option is select, in our scenario "Department", none of the categories appear. I've submitted a support ticket as requested. This was working prior to updating our Plumsail service desk.

Hey @dotuan,

I got the HAR, but I still have questions:

• Do you have any errors in the browser console after expanding the Category?
  • Could you make another HAR like this:
    • Start recording
    • Expand the Department
    • Pick a department
    • Expand the Category
    • Do the same with another department
    • Stop recording. Then send the resulting HAR to us.
  • Could you also make a screenshot of Filter settings of the Department field from the Designer?

Let's get to the bottom of this, shall we?

Hi @mnikitina / @IliaLazarevskii

I have tried to update the Plumsail Package App, however, I'm facing the below error:

Would you please let me know wether I'm doing something wrong?
Thanks,

Hi @Jocelyn1,

You need to delete the previous version of the package. This will not affect your forms, but it should fix the issue.

Let me know if anything else occurs.

Hi @IliaLazarevskii
I have deleted and updated the new Plumsail app package. However, after re-saved some forms, I have noticed that it displays as SharePoint Form.

Do you know why it happen?

Hi @IliaLazarevskii,

After updated the Plumsail app package verison, I am gtting the dialog interface as oppose to the full screen interface afterwards though in some sites.
Do you know why it happen?
Thanks

Hi @Jocelyn1,

There's a setting in the new editor that controls how the form is displayed. It appears in the top-right corner of the screen if you unfocus all elements of the form (click any empty space on the form).
Screenshot (137)

You can pick "Fullscreen" in this menu. Let me know if this helps.