Merge Excel File

Hi there,

Very new with plumsail, and currently having an issue for two weeks without any luck.

I have a collection in my powerapps like a purchase order with several items. I need to copy those items to my Flow then parse then merge with my excel file located in my share point documents.

I did a test using a single values and it seems like the excel file is connected. but I am trying to pass all of the itmes in the purchase order and I can't it to work, I don't know how the JSON should be defined and not sure about the template

Any help please?

Thank you in advance.

Hello @sajarac,

The template tags and the JSON values should correlate, so in general the flow could be following

1. You get all PowerApps parameters and they should be available in dynamic content window in MS Flow
  2. Select the dynamic values in Plumsail 'Create xlsx file from template" action, the names in JSON should correlate with tags in the excel template.
  3. As a result you receive an xslx file where the tags are replaced with the PowerApps dynamic values

Please check out the example.

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail team

Hello there, thanks for your response,

There is something that I don't quite understand well. In the Create XLSX part this part in the document content should be replaced? i.e.

"CompanyName": "Insert here the Parse JSON Value?" etc...

Hello @sajarac,

Yes, let's say you have {{CompanyName}} tag in the xlsx template and then you replace the tag with the dynamic value in Flow in JSON, like this:

{
"CompanyName":"NameOfTheCompany"
}

Best Regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail Team

OK, and what about if this is a Dynamic value? a field from PowerApps?

Hello @sajarac,

You'll need to select the value in the JSON window, like this

{
"CompanyName":"SelectTheDynamicValueHere"
}

Best Regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail Team