Move Document Leaving Workflow Running?

Howdy…

We’ve setup a small workflow on a list that moves the target document to a different document library on the same site. A couple of questions:

[ul]
[li]Is there a way to preserve document history with the move?[/li]
[li]The move command is issued last, but O365 still thinks the workflow is running.[/li]
[li]Is there a way to check-in the document after it’s moved? The workflow doesn’t continue after the move is completed.[/li][/ul]

The workflow is initiated by the user manually on the target document, for now. So it looks like with the document leaving the original document library the workflow is truncated because the document no longer exists.

[ul]
[li]How can we clean up and make sure the workflow terminates? [/li]
[li]And are they options to process the last command or two after the document is moved?[/li][/ul]

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Thank you for the questions.

Unfortunately no, currently it is not supported.

[quote]The move command is issued last, but O365 still thinks the workflow is running.

The workflow is initiated by the user manually on the target document, for now. So it looks like with the document leaving the original document library the workflow is truncated because the document no longer exists.

How can we clean up and make sure the workflow terminates?
And are they options to process the last command or two after the document is moved?
[/quote]
I would suggest to use the following workaround, create a site level workflow which will accept sourceUrl, destinationUrl. You can start this workflow to move the document.

We will add this option soon, I suppose during this week.

Sorry for the delay. Just to make sure I understand you on the move option:

Create another workflow that has two parameters, and run that site level workflow with my primary workflow (passing in the move parameters needed)? That will allow the "document specific" workflow to continue running the next set of commands?

Or should I continue any commands like "declare a record" with the site level workflow, leaving the execution of the site level workflow as the last document specific workflow command.

Or create the whole workflow as a site level workflow and activate solely that?

I'll test the above scenarios shortly, I just want to make sure which you are suggesting.