Move Properties when moving a document

I need to create properties in the receiving document library either as part of Move Document or after moving as a separate workflow action. If I could get the ID of the document item returned as result of the Move document then I could easily update the document properties in the receiving library. Unfortunately since document filenames are not unique finding the document in the receiving library after it has been moved in subsequent steps in the workflow is difficult if not impossible without the ID of the item or some unique value to put into a CAML query.

Hi Earl.

Thank you for your question.

As I know this workflow actions moves properties of documents if internal names of fields in the target library are the same. Please let me know if it doesn’t work for you.

Anyway if you still need to receive document IDs from the workflow action, you can send support request to support@plumsail.com. Our Pro Support can add such functionality by request.

If other our clients will request similar functionality we will add it in future releases.