On the Public Forms Auto tab to next Field

Hi there. I am hoping anyone can help me on how to implement this on Data Table.

Scenario: We are using a public forms to scan two fields ("ABC" and "Rack Location") user is using a scanner to make it faster. The problem we are facing is each time the user enter the data, user needed to hold the mouse and click the "Add new record" button. Is there a way that user can just scan the data and automatically create a new line and move the cursor into the next field so that the user can just keep scanning the data without clicking the Add New record?

Please see the image below. Is that possible that after the data on the Rack Location is filled, it will create new line above and put the cursor on the field to be ready for new scan, then repeat that over and over again until the end of data entry? Please help. thank you in Advance.

Hello @EchodaPogi,

What do you mean with this? How do users scan the data?

Do you want to create a new line when Enter is pressed?

Hi mnikitina,

I apologized if i did not make it clear. Users are using handheld "Barcode Scanner". The data that needed to be entered in "ABC" Column and the "Rack Location" column are barcode ready. So the users have barcode scanner and they scanned the data entry into the form. They used barcode scanner to make it faster instead of typing.

The issue is. Currently they need to hit "Add New Record" each time they need to add new line to entry new records. I was task to make the user just continuously do barcode scanning entry without hitting the "Add New records". Means, after the first ABC data entered, the cursor move to "Rack Location" the user can scan again, then after that, user cursor / prompt will move to new "ABC" line ready to enter new data again. Hopefully this make sense. So its like, when the records was completely filled, the prompt / cursor creates a new record line right away.

thank you so much.

Hello @EchodaPogi,

Thank you for the details. The Data Table control is based on the Kendo UI Grid. By default, you can move to the next column when you press the Tab key.

But you can change the default behavior with jQuery code. You can find an example in this post.

thank you mnikitina. I did saw the Kendo UI Grid code link that you said. I am unable work the code. I am not familiar with kendo UI. thanks for sending me the link.