Org Chart stuck ....wont load

Hi,
I’m using Plumsail org chart with sharepoint foundation server 2013.
i’ve created loads of org charts, and they tend to run fine,
however, on a few occasions, when i have updated users details in the org chart, and stopped editing the chart, when i go to view it, it just gets stuck , with the circle spinning, and we never see the org chart.

can you advise? i really don’t want to have to create the org charts again…
thanks
D

Anyone out there???

Hi,

Thank you for following up.

Could you check what version of Org Chart do you have? Navigate to “gears” icon at the top right corner of the web part. Then click “Help”.

As I understood your Org Chart stopped working after update to some users in a data source. Old Org Charts had some issue with looping. When employee points to some manager and this manager points back to an initial employee as a manager.

Probably you should just download the recent version of Org Chart and install it.

If it doesn’t help, please open developer tools of your browser and navigate to ‘Console’ tab. Then reproduce the issue and send us a screenshot of the Console tab and of the web part.

This will help us to find a reason of such behaviour faster.

Best regards
Anton Khritonenkov

I have the same issue. There are occasions when you lose control of the web part i.e. all you get is a continuous progress icon with no indication of an error and no way to control the web part e.g. If I am running as the system account (farm) then this behaviour is exhibited

Hi,

Thank you for your message.

Please, open developer tools of your browser (F12), switch to Console tab and reproduce the issue.

Then send us screenshots of the web part and of the Console tab.

This will help us to find a reason for such behavior for your case.

Hi Anton,
There is no displayed error. See screen shot

As we don’t have additional information here, I would recommend you to contact support@plumsail.com to set up a screen sharing session. Thus, we would research the issue on your side.

Hi,

I think that I have some extra info. I have been monitoring the ULS logs when the behavior is exhibited with the system account:

Failed to get document content data. System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Cannot complete this function at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSqlClient.GetDocumentContentRow(Int32 rowOrd, Object ospFileStmMgr, SPDocumentBindRequest& dbreq, SPDocumentBindResults& dbres)

0x80004005 looks like an access denied which is really strange

I’m not sure that it is related to Org Chart. Could you additionally send us logs for a few minutes around this record?

I had the same issue and added a user to the RootID on the Filtration setting in the wizard and it started working.