PDF get information from linked Database not working

I have a problem. I have a database that manages users in AirTable and one that manages departments. Each user is linked to a department.

Now, when I want to fill out a PDF, I have created a token that looks like this: Department.Name (e.g. Human Resources).

I want the name of the department to be loaded from the link in the document.

In Word files, this works using: {{Department.Name}}, but it seems that in the PDF document, you cannot use the brackets. So, I named the text field in the PDF document Department.Name, and when I upload the document, it is correctly displayed in the token
as well. Department (collection) and below it Name (string). However, when I click on "test template" and create an entry in the table, it is not transferred to the document. What is the mistake here? Thank you in advance!

Hello Jan! I duplicate my reply in your ticket here.

The fillable PDF forms do not support processing collections and objects, the list of tokens confuses you because the token auto-detection is based on the template engine for Word files. To fill a PDF form, you need to use a plain data source object even if there are dots in the field names:

{
  "Abteilung.Name": "Human Resources"
}

But if possible, I would advise you to stick to the Word templates: their functionality is more flexible and you can set up the output format to PDF if required. In this case, you can provide the data source in this format:

{
  "Abteilung": [
    {
      "Name": "Human Resources"
    }
  ]
}

…or this one:

{
  "Abteilung": {
    "Name": "Human Resources"
  }
}

Please let me know whether you have other questions I could help you with.