Prevent (or Allow) Co-authoring of List Item

Has anyone else in the community found a way to warn, or better yet block, a user from opening a form in Edit mode if someone else already has it open?

We have so many errors when people try to collaborate with forms in the same way they are used to with Word online, for example. When we have multiple users opening a single item connected to a Plumsail form, they are not warned and both try to edit. Sometimes we lose data or nothing is written.

PREVENT COAUTHORING GOAL
Can I accomplish this somehow with code or another form set? Any ideas?

USER A
Has item open in EDIT mode, actively working in the item form.

USER B
Tries to EDIT the same item that is already being edited by USER A.

ALLOW COAUTHORING GOAL
Can I accomplish this somehow with code or another form set? Any ideas?

USER A
Has item open in EDIT mode, actively working in the item form.

USER B
Tries to EDIT the same item that is already being edited by USER A, but this time some other method captures any changes and places them in temporary storage. USER A wins, but USER B doesn't necessarily loose.

Hey @shedev,

Theoretically, you could disable all fields on the form if someone else is editing it. See if this helps: RealTime Data List In PLumsail Form - #2 by mnikitina

Coauthoring is a different story though, it's much more complicated. You can drop us a paid support request at support@plumsail.com, and we'll see if it's possible to implement the feature for you.

Thank you, @IliaLazarevskii.

I do have that approach implemented. One thing we have found is that there has been data loss when one user edits while another simultaneously views the Display and Reloads the view to check for changes from the editor.

Your idea is very appreciated - thank you for taking the time to respond.