Result file from Merge PDF action isn't in order

I am using an array of file content in the Merge PDF action. The action works and it does create a merged document, however, the documents are not in the same order as they are in the array. I looked at the run details and I saw the array was in the right order, so I believe it is this action that is making them unordered. Is there another step I need to take to make sure they are in the order that I want?

CommunityPost3

Hello @sarah.cox,

I created a test flow and use an array variable in the Merge action. it merged the files correctly and with the original order. Could you try to use a test flow and confirm the array order? please share a screenshot with the array order.

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev,
Plumsail team

Here is the SharePoint list:
CommunityPost4

Here is the for each loop, it seems like it is appending them in the correct order here:

(it limited me two five pictures to a post but four and five were correct as well)

And here is the resulting file:
AttachmentsTest.pdf (156.8 KB)

Hello @sarah.cox,

Could you try this example with only 2 files? What is the order after the merging?

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail team

Here is the SharePoint list with just the two documents:
PlumsailHelp1

The first time running the flow the documents came out in the right order:
PlumsailHelp2.pdf (62.4 KB)

However, without making any changes the second run came out in the wrong order:
PlumsailHelp3.pdf (62.4 KB)

Hi @sarah.cox,

Could you try to reproduce the issue and check the array order in both cases?

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail team

By the way this is an Azure Logic Apps workflow, if that helps you reproduce the issue. But the array was in the correct order for both cases.

Array when the file was in the correct order:

Array when the file was not in the correct order:

Please get back to us soon, this action is basically the only reason we bought a subscription...

Hi @sarah.cox

I wasn't able to reproduce it so far. I'll discuss the issue with me team today and reply. Thanks for waiting!

Best Regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail team

Hello @sarah.cox ,

Is it possible that this option is activated for "For each" action? Could you check it?

Best Regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail team

Thanks for getting back to me. No, that setting is off.

Hello @sarah.cox,

Thanks for sharing the details I passed the information to the developers and they're checking it. I'll be in touch shortly.

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail team

1 Like

Hello @sarah.cox,

We ran some tests and we can reproduce the issue only if we have the concurrence control "On". If we set it to "Of'' then we can't reproduce the issue on our side. We ran the tests several times using an array variable and it merges the files sequentially each time we run it.

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail team