Send Email returns 'invalid text field' error

I’m programmatically starting a workflow using JSOM from a form button, which sends text values to the workflow via initiation form parameters, which then uses the ‘send an email with attachments’ action.

I get:

Invalid text value.

A text field contains invalid data. Please check the value and try again.

Correlation error - this happens no matter what fields I complete and send. What could be the cause of the error? The workflow is using an app step for the send action, which I have set up app permissions for.

Hello @abolam,

I suspect the issue is related to the source data. Let’s try to narrow down the issue.

1. Try the Send email action with hard coded values and make sure that it works this way.
  2. Log the variables you pass to the action in the workflow history, let’s check the value.

Please share with us the results.

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail Team

Hello @abolam,

I forgot to mention, if it’s possible please share with us the flow screenshot and the parameters as well.

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail Team

Hi Petr, I’ve shared the information with you via support. In response to your email, the workflow runs every time (when I initiate it, using the service account set up for me), however it does not run for users, as described previously.

I’ve hard coded the Address To and Free Text parameters and asked them to send an email with an attachment, as I suspect if the workflow is doing anything incorrectly it would be the location or parsing of the attachment file. Once confirmed I’ll run a test with all 3 hard coded locations but I’m having to ask the client to do this, as for me it runs every time, which makes me think the parameters are not the issue and that perhaps it is either configuration or permissions somehow.

Update - it would appear that the data being passed into the Attachments section is causing the issue, however I am passing exactly the same text as I would normally pass when hard coding. I will try to obtain the attachment absolute URL and see if that makes a difference. I did just try sending the email again using my account and it worked so I’m not convinced the issue is with the data being passed. Please could you advise.