Set-up Post Code Lookup

Hi Plumsail,

Is it possible to set-up a Post Code Lookup which can Auto populate the Employee's Address using an API or something?

1 Like

Hello @DryChips,

Where the employee's address is stored? If you have a list of addresses with post codes, you can simply get data using PnPjs get() function.

Hi Margarita, they are not stored anywhere.

The functionality I wanted was for them to search for a post-code and then select their address from a drop-down. Forms from companies like Google, Amazon, Microsoft have this functionality. I think they use an API to retrieve the informatioin.

Hi @DryChips ,
our Czech Post provides API at their website, so if you try to find out at the website of your post in your country? Try to google it.
Veřejné služby (cpost.cz)

79 862 - that's the number of all PSČ in the Czech Republic. So there is no way to create a list of items and store the data, or is it? Could Plumsail forms for sharepoint 2019 field handle it? Lookup?

I think another way is to create an AJAX request to the API of your local post office and handle the JSON, but it's quite a lot of data to process.

I was having the same question yesterday in my mind because we have a form where you could write down the village or PSČ of the village and other fields would be automatically filled in with the help of Javascript.
That's my opinion.

1 Like

Hello @DryChips, @Stepan,

You can use any external JavaScript Library on the form. You can find the code example for the autocomplete library in this post.

Here are the libraries I found without digging deep:

Hi Stepan,

Some really good suggestions you have provided! I was thinking initially about adding addresses to a SharePoint list but it's not sustainable, especially with updating this on a regular basis. It's a temporary solution but not something good for "long term" use.

It's a bit of a tricky problem to solve. I'll look into what Margarita has suggested and see if I find a good solution and post on here if I figure it out.