Setting up a Trigger for SLA's

Hi,

1. Can it be possible to create a Trigger – such that when a New ticket is created and has not been assigned to an agent within 15 minutes of being raised – send an email alert to manager saying (Ticket unassigned).

2. Can we set up a 2 hour SLA from the time the ticket was created, to send the first reminder alert at 1hr after ticket created and then the second alert at 2 hours ( to say ticket not achieved 2 hour SLA).
    Can this include the ticket number and Agent assigned to?, can both alerts go to the agent that it is assigned to and to the manager?.

Many Thanks

Ndy.

Hello, @Ndy

1. Triggers can be started only on 3 standard events (ticket or comment has been created and ticket has been changed). To perform actions on the basis of any time definitions, you should use a Task in Scheduler. But in optimisation purpose, a task can't be executed more frequently than hourly. As an option, you could use Microsoft Flow, but one flow run per 15 minutes will require a very huge number of runs per month, so most probably you will need a paid subscription for MS Flow (a free plan provides only 2,000 runs per month). Please let me know which option fits you and I shall help you with it.

2. An SLA policy runs only once on each target. So to notify an agent about the first reply twice, you can use tasks in Scheduler. To add ticket properties, please use tokens:

Ticket ID - {{Ticket.ID}}
Agent's name - {{Ticket.AssignedTo.Title}}

Place the tokens in the message body or subject and the accordant property values will be placed in.

Hi,

Please can you demonstrate an example for when a ticket is 'New' or 'Unassigned' on the Scheduler as we are not working it out on the right token to use.

Regards

@Ndy, I've made a mistake in my previous answer: once an SLA policy is applied to a ticket another one with the same condition will not work, so in the case of consequent notifications after one and two hour, the only option is to use Scheduler tasks. I've edited my previous post to not confuse somebody else.

Here is an example on configuring the task to notify a contact about tickets that are being unassigned more than 15 minutes.

1. Go to Settings => Scheduler and create a task.

2. Give it some name and set a schedule of task execution. In this case it will be executed every hour starting at specified time.

3. Configure a condition, to which ticket you want to apply an action. The task will check whether the ticket status title is "New", the "AssignedTo" field is empty and the ticket was created more than 15 minutes ago. To check the last condition, use date and time functions. Now() returns current date and time. AddMinutes() gets date and time in the first argument (which is Now()) and a specified number of minutes from the second argument (which is negative, so the current time will be decreased by 15 minutes).

4. Configure an action to perform. In this case, you need to use "Send email" one. Specify a recipient (it can be somebody from a "Contacts" list or an arbitrary E-mail).

5. Type in a subject and configure a message body template, using tokens and snippets:

@Evgeniy, I noticed that the task can only run on hours, can the task be set to run in minutes. example, I want it to run every 15min or 30min. Because, what we are trying to achieve is to create notification if a ticket is not assigned 15mins after it was created.

Regards

Ndy.

Unfortunately, as I wrote above, a task can't be executed more frequently than hourly. If you need to execute some process every 15 minutes, you could try using of Microsoft Flow.

@Evgeniy,

I wanted to ask if it's possible to change the colour of the ''Subject'' to reflect the urgency of the
ticket .For example, I want the Subject: ''Unassigned Ticket'' to be in Amber colour or any other colour. I want to do this while using the scheduler to create task or when creating triggers.

Regards

Ndy.

Hi @Ndy,
Please see my reply to you in the following thread: SLA Subject titles