Sharepoint Online list "New" form opens in fullscreen only

Hey guys,

When i create a sharepoint list, set the "How to open this form from a list view" to Panel Large.
It only opens 3 times in panel view and after 3 reloads of the sharepoint list it only opens in Fullscreen.

version 1.1.0.1

any idea?

grafik

Seeing the same issue. This has occurred across many sites as the new 'Microsoft Lists' UI has been forced on us.

Also having the same issue for all lists. Microsoft Lists UI normally reverts back to the Modern version of SharePoint lists when a Plumsail form is applied, but this is no longer happening.

Hello,
yes, it does not work for me anymore in the "modern list" because today I also noticed that Microsoft has forced me to show people the more modern list than before. Previously, when I created a list, it had the most modern look. After I applied Plumsail Forms design, it showed up for a half a second and then it switched to less modern list and from there small/medium/large blade opening worked.

For now, the most modern look, it does not work anymore except FullScreen :slight_smile:

Thanks
Stepan

I'm experiencing the same problem with form panels not working for New, Display and Edit modes. @Nikita_Kurguzov @mnikitina: any resolution/update for this issue of form panels no longer opening from list view?

update: This is what I noticed. Any lists that have been updated with Add New Item button (the panels don't work). The older lists with New button (panels work fine). See pic below...

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
Stormanh

Hello @stormanh, @wilsonc, @StepanS, @TomRischkau, @Greatsouth,

As @stormanh noticed, panels are working in the old view of the SharePoint list. The issue with panels is related to the latest Microsoft updates of the SharePoint list and library view.

Also, not only Plumsail panels are affected, so hopefully Microsoft will fix the bug or roll back changes they've made.

You can track the issue here:

2 Likes

Hello All,

Microsoft rolled back the updated and panels are working now!

You may need to clear the browser cache to make it work.

2 Likes

Hello @mnikitina

Yes, the "panels" are working again.
Can't you open the "Plumsail Forms" as a dialog?

I have create a new List and go to the Settings and activate the Point "Open Form as Dialog" and the standard Form open in a Popup-Dialog. If I design the form with Plumsail, I can only open it as a panel or in a full window.
Is there any way to change this?

Hello @Pro2000MD,

We can offer paid support for adding the ability to open Plumsail Forms in a dialog from the SharePoint list view. If you are interested, please email us at support@plumsail.com

Hello @mnikitina ,

thanks for the Information. We will discuss this and then contact you if necessary.

thanks for the help!

i still have problems to open the list in panel view.

1. i cleared my browser cache
  2. i checked in plumsail that "panel" ist selected
  3. clicked on new in my list and its still opens in fullscreen view

any idea ?

@TomRischkau,

Have you tried in the incognito window? Do all forms for all lists open in full screen? Do you use MS Teams?

If possible, please share the screen recording when opening the form.

it works in incognito window!
so how can i fix that it also works in normal browser window?

only the lists exist open in fullscreen, a new one doesnt.

@TomRischkau,

Please make sure you've deleted the cached files and cookies, then test forms:

@mnikitina

i do, when i delete cached files and cookies its works one time and when i reload the page it opens in fullscreen again.

@TomRischkau,

But it still works fine in incognito window, is that right?

Please record network logs forus, find the instructions here. And in parallel please record the video demonstrating the list view and how you open the form after clearing browser cache.

@mnikitina

Yes it works in incognito window.

okay i upload the HAR file and the video to onedrive, here is the link:
plumsail bug

Hello @TomRischkau,

Thank you for the video!

We've noticed the list view is customized. Could you please share its settings.

Also, please try testing panels in another browser, Edge or Google Chrome. Does it work?

Unfortunately the HAR file is empty. Could you please record it again and share also the console logs when opening the list view and clicking New item. .

Hello @mnikitina
Sorry for the late answer.

i hope you mean the formatting settings:

{
"$schema": "https://developer.microsoft.com/json-schemas/sp/v2/row-formatting.schema.json",
"commandBarProps": {
"commands": [
{
"key": "powerBI",
"position": 5,
"sectionType": "Primary"
},
{
"key": "integrate",
"hide": "true"
},
{
"key": "new",
},
{
"key": "manageForms",
},
{
"key": "editInGridView",
}
]
}
}

Edge is the same error.

under this onedrive link you find the HAR File and console logs.
plumsail bug

in the console logs i see some errors.

Thx!
greetings, Tom

Hello @TomRischkau,

Is this list formatting or column formatting?

When you reset the code to the default state, do the forms open in the panel?