Slow loading on Internet Explorer

Hi,

since we updated to the newest Version loading in Internet Explorer is very slow and stucks sometimes.
Sometimes it will not load and sometimes ist very slow-. but i happened only in Internet Explorer-

Gruß

Hello @Rene,

We are researching this issue. We will post here the information about the results.

Anna Dorokhova
Plumsail Team

1 Like

Hi @Anna,

I’m curious about the status of this issue. We are evaluating Plumsail Org Chart right now and I’m very pleased with the org chart and the high configurability of the product. However, we face the same (big) obstacle: performance in IE is excruciatingly slow (compared to modern browsers such as Chrome, Firefox). Unfortunately, IE is our company’s default browser, so I need to get it working in IE.

Thanks!

Filip

Hello @Filip,

The issue was related to the overloaded local storage for a specific user. Clearing localStorage resolved the problem.

You may find instruction how to clear here.

Please, note that, unfortunately, IE anyway will be much slower than other browsers.

Anna Dorokhova
Plumsail Team

Hi @Anna,

Thanks for the reply. I tried the procedure but unfortunately it didn’t help a lot. As you point out, IE is a lot slower, which is a real shame because I really like the product. So I guess it’s back to our on-prem org chart solution (which is much harder to configure :slightly_smiling_face:) for as long as IE is our default browser.

Regards,
Filip

Hi @Filip,

Could you please provide me some additional information on the issue:

• How may second is loading your Org Chart page?
  • whether or not Org Chart caching is enabled
  • if the level number or the number of solid line reports are enabled
  • How many employees are displayed by default?
  • Do you see any errors in the console?

Anna Dorokhova
Plumsail Team

Hi @Anna,

I missed your last message and have in the meanwhile proceeded to set up an org chart using an on-prem solution. We will implement this to the business shortly. However, as we might move from IE to Chrome somewhere in the (near) future, it’s very well possible that we will move the org chart to Sharepoint Online also, at which point I will look at the Plumsail solution again.

Best regards,
Filip

Hello @Filip,

Thank you for message.

We also have an on-premises version of Org Chart. And just yesterday we released a new version for SharePoint 2019.

Anyway, if you decide to give another try to Plumsail Org Chart for Office 365 please feel free to contact us and request a trial extension for you tenant.

Best Regards
Anna Dorokhova
Plumsail Team