Special character in content type name leads to error 404 when opening form

Hi all,
let's say I have a content type with an apostrophe in the name (I know it's a bad practice but it's not my idea :slight_smile: ). Let's say the content type is called sharepoint's magic.
Technically the folder that contains the aspx forms is called sharepoint's magic, and the url of this folder is encoded as /SitePages/PlumsailForms/list%20name/sharepoint%27s%20magic/DisplayForm.aspx which is normal.
When I design a plumsail form for this content type, I get an error 404 when I try to open the displayform. When I check the url that is called when I open the item, I have noticed that the url of the folder containing the aspx forms is encoded as <thesiteurl>/SitePages/PlumsailForms/list%20name/sharepoint&#39;s%20magic/DisplayForm.aspx

I don't know where does the code &#39; comes from ?

I have tried to use routing in order to redirect the form to the correct encoded url but it does not seems to redirect anything
if (item) {
return item.get()
.then(function (item) {
return
});
}

Do you have an idea to get my form work with the apostrophe ?

Thank you for your help

David

Dear @David74000,
You're using SharePoint 2019 version, right? Doesn't seem to be an issue in SharePoint Online, and most likely will be fixed in the next update.

Hi @Nikita_Kurguzov
Yes I am using SP2019. Is there a way to change the form url that is called when opening item properties ? Or maybe by using routing ?
David

Dear @David74000,
Unfortunately, this will not help - Content Type name is critical when it comes to URLs, and if special characters are not parsed correctly, this would lead to issues like this. We'll make sure next update fixes it, it's being actively worked on right now.

For now, I can only recommend renaming the Content Type.

Thank you @Nikita_Kurguzov,
for my knowledges, can you please tell me which feature redirect the standard modern form item to the plumsail form ? Is it something attached to the standard DispForm.aspx or to the list itself ? The main issue seems to be at this step when url is encoded.
Thank you (again) for your help
David

Dear @David74000,
It's a more complex system. There's a redirect.aspx page in Site Pages > PlumsailForms, and this page replaces the URL of the form for any given list (you can check in SharePoint Desinger - List - Content Type form URLs).

The URL also includes information about the list, such as List ID and Form Type number, and this page automatically redirects you to the correct form - this is the page which builds the final URL, and it's built with a script, so it's likely that the issue is in the script itself and how it handles special characters.