Tasks run constantly in a loop

I have 2 tasks on one site scheduled: one daily and another weekly. Recently they started to run continuously every 5 minutes, nothing changed in their schedule. Both workflows are manually started and just 1 action to send an email with notification. SP 2013 version.
After the first incident, I just deleted the tasks and recreated new ones - that helped for 2 days they were running as expected, but then it happened again. What it might be?

1 Like

HI, Same issue appeared today in SP2016

Hello @Mhijazi,

Could you try to recreate the Scheduler tasks and check how it works after that?

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team

we can not recreate Scheduler as the issue on multiple webs under same sitecollection

Hello @Petr,
Can you please check what might cause this issue?
Do they have limits on number of WF schedulers in sitecollection,or timeout issue that can cause this issue?

Hello @Mhijazi,

There are no limits to this, but could you clarify how many workflow schedulers do you have? Could you try o disable some of them to check if it helps with the issue?

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team

Hi @Petr,
The scheduler is being used by multiple departments, I do not have exact number but for sure more than +30, currently work around is to make Plumsail timerjob in CA to fire once a day, I can not do testing as duplicate emails will be sent to internal and external users

Hi @Petr , and @katy was this case resolved?

Hi @Mhijazi,

Please describe the current state of the issue. What happens with the Scheduler in your tenant? probably share some logs and screenshots.

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team