Thumbnail column in List or library control

Hi,

I have a document library where I have a picture field named "Thumbnail". In SharePoint library all items view, it display the thumbnail view of the image. In list or library control it is blank. Any suggestions on how can we get thumbnail of the image.

Thank you.

Hi @aseem,

I couldn't reproduce the issue so far. Could you share a couple of screenshots of the browser's console (F12)?

In a document library you can add a text field and name it Thumbnail. When you upload an image file it will automatically display the preview of images:

but on list or library control below is what I get:

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @aseem,

Turns out this is not supported by ListOrLibrary control at the moment. We're working on implementing this feature, and it should be ready in the next couple of weeks.

In the meantime, the workaround is to manually add images to the thumbnail column in SharePoint.

Thank you will wait.

Hi @aseem,

The fix is out, does it work for you?

Hi @IliaLazarevskii I am still getting the same result. I updated my designer too.

Hi @aseem,

Try clearing the browser's cache or opening the form in an Incognito window.

Hi @IliaLazarevskii I tried again in private mode and after clearing cache, it still don't show up.

Hi @aseem,

I couldn't reproduce the issue so far. Could you share some new screenshots? It would also be great if you recorded a HAR log when opening the affected form.

Hello,
I think that the "Thumbnail" field is properly configured to show images. Use JSON column formatting to customize the rendering of the "Thumbnail" field by applying a JSON format that references the image URL. Make ensure that the images have the correct permissions set for users to view them, and verify that the content type includes the "Thumbnail" field and is correctly associated with the list or library.