Trying to sign in using trial

Hi Guys,

Installed the trial this morning and followed the instructions but fails when trying to configure default account, which will be used to start workflows. Please open Site Settings and click on the link Plumsail Workflow Actions Pack at Site Administration Section

I enter my o365 username and password which is rejected with a message
Can’t connect to site: The partner returned a bad sign-in name or password error. For more info see Federation Error-handling Scenarios.

I am the SharePoint administrator on the site and my login and password are correct. Using IE 11

Any assistance gratefully received.

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

As can be seen from the error message you get your company has configured federation of domains for the Active Directory.

Sometimes mistakes in federation configuration break signing in from third party services under account from a federated domain. A workaround here is to use a standard Office 365 account like account@customdomain.onmicrosoft.com instead. This account has to be a full control user as well.

Hi,

Can you mix Microsoft cloud accounts with federated accounts on the same domain?

I cannot change the domain from federated to standard. My IT director would have a fit!

According to this page: http://susheeldakoju.com/?cat=6

[ul]
[li] Identity Client Runtime Library (IDCRL) could not look up the realm information for a federated sign-in.[/li]
[li] The partner returned a bad sign-in name or password error. For more information, see Federation Error-handling Scenarios. [/li]
[li] The ‘username’ argument is invalid. [/li]
[li] The partner returned a bad sign-in name or password error. For more information, see Federation Error-handling Scenarios.[/li][/ul]

The errors occur if you entered wrong credentials (login or password) or the user has invalid permissions to the site.
Please make sure you have right admin username and password for the SharePoint Online site that you are running against and the user has required permissions.

my 2 cents.

Check if your account has two-factor auth enabled. I tried with an account that does not have 2FA enabled and I was able to complete the action.

1 Like