Unable to select field on List using pnp

I am trying to select some fields on a list using pnp.sp.web.lists.getByTitle('Test Case').items.get().
But I am facing the error: 'Input string was not in a correct format'. This is weird because the same code works for another list.

I also did try to use the select option, but many fields are not located. 'Title' and 'Id' works fine the following code. I also did try using 'Author', but same result.

pnp.sp.web.lists.getByTitle('Test Case').items.select( 'Title', 'Id','Author0') .get().then(function(items) {
console.log(items);
});

The code returns the error:
'The query to field 'Author0' is not valid. The $select query string must specify the target fields and the $expand query string must contains Author0.'

Any ideia of what could be the issue on that list or in the fields?

Thanks

Hello @Silvio ,

The list is filled with some data or empty? If you create the fresh list, please, this wrong one (probably damaged) throw away and create a new one.

I think that internalName of Author should not be with 0. Maybe if you create duplicated column with the same name "Author," the sharepoint let you create it, but appends 0 at the end of internalName.

It is strange why this one does not return data.
This one works for me:

pnp.sp.web.lists.getByTitle('Working Library').items.select('Title','Id','Author/Title').expand('Author').get().then(function(items) {
console.log(items);
});

Maybe the issue is that you have not used

.select('Author/Title')
.expand('Author') // And before this use or any other property than Title

Hope I helped you
Stepan