Upgrade during SP migration

Hi
we’re moving from SP2016 to SP2019. It seems that the Charts WebPart is not being upgraded well all migrated WebParts are empty. Is there a supported migration path from 2016 to 2019 ?

thx
Alex

Hello @Alex,

There is a separate license for SharePoint 2019. However, you may migrate your SharePoint 2013/2016 licence to SP 2019 if you have an active maintenance. Please, note, that in this case you will be able to use Org Chart on classic pages only. If you would like to use Org Chart on modern pages you would need to purchase a new SharePoint 2019 license.

Please, send us your last Org Chart order number at sales@plumsail.com and we will assist you with the migration.

Best Regards,
Anna Dorokhova
Plumsail Team

Hi Anna,

thank you, but I already have a opened ticket regarding the licenses. Where I need support here is that after installing the SP2019 version of the OrgCharts (trial) the migrated OrgCharts are not being displayed. What I see is just a white area where the chart should be.
We’re using the DB attach method for the migration from 2016 to 2019.
br,
Alex

Hi @Alex,

Check if site collection feature for Plumsail Org Chart is activated and wsp solution is installed.

Also, if you use SharePoint list as a data source, you may need to configure web part from scratch.

Hi Anna,

Can you confirm if this is still the case? We are about to submit a purchase for the 2013 version, however mid next year we will upgrade to SP 2019.
Thanks
Lorna

Hi @lquigg ,
yes, the subscription model has not changed. You'll be able to move your license to the 2019 server (given you have active maintenance for the SP2013 version). However, you'll only be able to use it on classic pages. To get the Modern version, please consider placing a separate purchase for Org Chart for 2019.