What new and fixed with different builds

Is there somewhere where we can see what has been fixed and what is new with each build of the org Chart?

Hi,
Thank you for your message.

Yes, you can see what new and what was fix in the version history. Please look this link:
https://plumsail.com/sharepoint-orgchart/docs/version-history/

Best regards
Evgeniy Kovalev
Plumsail Team

Thanks. It is exactly what I was after. One thing I did notice with this is for Client Side caching. There is an existing blog article which has details on how to clear the cache using PowerShell which is no longer accurate. Can this be updated?

Is there any other way that the org chart can be speed up?

This article is not actual because the Server Side Cache is completely replaced by the Client Cache. Cleaning the client cache is not possible from PowerShell. It is possible only from “Clear cache” menu item in the upper right corner.

Could you tell what issues you have with the application load speed?

Best regards
Evgeniy Kovalev
Plumsail Team

In our environment it can take several seconds to complete the rendering of a chart (we have about 50,000 User Profiles). We obviously want the user experience to be as good as possible. I am looking to ways to make the page with the chart as responsive as possible

Please provide additional information according to questions below. This will help us to better understand your case.

• Describe cases when slow performance occurs. What is approximate time of load in seconds?
  • How much hierarchy levels are displayed on initial load?
  • How much employees (approximate number) are displayed on initial load?
  • Do you use dotted-managers and vacancies functionality?
  • Does slow load occurs on first load only? Probably when you visit page second time per day it is loaded much quicker.
  • Did you specify root id in the configuration wizard? If you use profiles as a data source, it is account name of CEO or another manager who could be a root of the hierarchy. You can specify it on “Filtration” step of the configuration wizard. If you didn’t specify it, Org Chart spends some time for automatic location of root employee.

Best regards
Evgeniy Kovalev
Plumsail Team

• Describe cases when slow performance occurs. What is approximate time of load in seconds?
    [color=#FF0000]Load time can be from 2 to 30 seconds[/color]

• How much hierarchy levels are displayed on initial load?
    [color=#FF0000]We only display 2 levels. If we display 3 or more then load times are unusable (could be several minutes)[/color]

• How much employees (approximate number) are displayed on initial load?
    [color=#FF0000]This depends on where we display the tree i.e we use renderer.drillDown to drill down to the node of interest. The top-level node display fairly fast[/color]

• Do you use dotted-managers and vacancies functionality?
    [color=#FF0000]No. We have turned these off since they slow down the rendering.[/color]

• Does slow load occurs on first load only? Probably when you visit page second time per day it is loaded much quicker.
    [color=#FF0000]No. Client caching is working as expected[/color]

• Did you specify root id in the configuration wizard? If you use profiles as a data source, it is account name of CEO or another manager who could be a root of the hierarchy. You can specify it on “Filtration” step of the configuration wizard. If you didn’t specify it, Org Chart spends some time for automatic location of root employee.
    [color=#FF0000]yes. We specify a root node Id[/color]

Hi,

It appears that there was a bug in client-side caching that could slow download. I would recommend you to install the last version and check if the issue persists.