Word to PDF headers disappearing

Hi,

I have a word doc template that has headers on all 14 pages. When the document is set to save as a Word doc, the headers and the tokens apply as expected. However, when I changed the document to save as a PDF (i have a trigger in flow to merge attached files, so it needs to be PDF), the headers disappeared. Any ideas? Is there a setting I'm missing?

Thanks

Hi @EHaya,

I wasn't able to reproduce it. This is my test:

1. I have 2 DOCXs with headers:

1. This is the test flow where I use Create DOCX from template and save the results as PDFs. Then I Merge the PDFs with the Merge PDF action.

1. The result PDF has the headers

Do you have a similar setup or there is something else?

If you share your DOCX templates and the data I can try to reproduce the issue.

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team

Hi Petr, my set up is a little different. The flow is triggered when a form is submitted. The word -> PDF transformation is set in the plumsail settings. Could that be the issue? How can I best share the templates/form?

Thank you

To clarity - the form is linked to a template that is generated in Plumsail. On the form, users have the option to attach PDFs. The attachments don't need the headers - just the template. That's where the headers are missing.

Hi @EHaya,

yes, you can also use the Start document generation process action and save the docx as PDF in the settings. I re-did my test with the process:

My result has 2 files, the generated DOCX and saved as PDF has the header while the second merged PDF - doesn't.

So, if you merge the DOCx with headers and PDF without headers, it should work.

Please check that the created DOCX has the headers before merging. Then merge it with some PDF and check again. Merge with one file from the attachments, and finally add the PDF array and test.

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team