Compatible with O365 and can it Print

Is the Org Chart a server install product ONLY or do you have Office 365 version as well? Also, what is the print to paper function like?

Hi Jeff,

Currently Org Chart doesn’t support Office 365.

You can print Org Chart to PDF or any other printer. Please, download example of PDF below:

PDF org chart (http://static.plumsail.com/wp-content/uploads/Discussions/OrgChart.pdf)

Hi Anton,

Can you help me with more details on how the PDF is generated? When using the Settings > Print Org Chart option and then the native browser File > Print > PDF, I’m getting a regular screen print of what’s on the browser instead of the nice vector PDF that you have which can be zoomed in and out of.

Any tips would be great. Thanks!

Hi Henry,

Could you clarify? Do you use ‘Settings’ - ‘Print Org Chart’ menu item to print the org chart like below?

Or you use browser ‘File’ -> ‘Print’?

Please, describe step by step your actions.

Hi Jeff,

I'm glad to inform you that now we have Office 365 version of Org Chart. You can get download link on our product page.

[quote="Anton Khritonenkov"]Hi Henry,

Could you clarify? Do you use 'Settings' - 'Print Org Chart' menu item to print the org chart like below?

2-3-2015 12-18-58 PM.png

Or you use browser 'File' -> 'Print'?

Please, describe step by step your actions.[/quote]

Hi Anton,

Yes, I used Settings > Print Org Chart and after clicking on the Print button in the modal dialog, I get the following on my screen:

Seeing no other option to print, I then tried to print via the browser's File > Print.

Hi Anton,

Any thoughts? We want to purchase this solution but that’s an important requirement for us and we’ll need to look elsewhere if it can’t be met.

Hi Henry,

Thank you for following up.

This is a thread for Org Chart for Office 365 and as I noticed from your screenshot you use on-premises version. What version of Org Chart do you use? SharePoint 2010, or SharePoint 2013? Also, could you please open settings menu of Org Chart (gears) and click on ‘Help’ link. It will show the version of Org Chart. Could you please send it to me.

Are you able to reproduce this issue in different browser for example Chrome? Could you send me version of your Internet Explorer?

This information will allow us to help you quicker. Thank you in advance.

[quote=“Anton Khritonenkov”]Hi Henry,

Thank you for following up.

This is a thread for Org Chart for Office 365 and as I noticed from your screenshot you use on-premises version. What version of Org Chart do you use? SharePoint 2010, or SharePoint 2013? Also, could you please open settings menu of Org Chart (gears) and click on ‘Help’ link. It will show the version of Org Chart. Could you please send it to me.

Are you able to reproduce this issue in different browser for example Chrome? Could you send me version of your Internet Explorer?

This information will allow us to help you quicker. Thank you in advance.[/quote]

Hi Anton,

I have SharePoint 2010 with Plumsail Org Chart 1.7.5.
Although my trial version is expired, It looks like I was able to reproduce in IE, Firefox and Chrome.

IE 11
Firefox 35.0.1
Chrome 40.0.2214.111 m

Hi Henry,

We can extend your trial by request. Just send an email to support@plumsail.com

Regarding the issue with printing in SharePoint 2010. We are working on migration SharePoint 2013 version to SharePoint 2010. It uses different printing logic. It converts org chart as an image and you can download it to your PC. Then print using PDF printer or any other printer. We chose this approach because it allows to provide picture with all expanded org chart without resizing to fit it into single page.

If you are good with such functionality I can let you know about the release. The new major version will be available soon for SharePoint 2010.

Note, printing will not work in IE8 and IE9. You will need to use other browser to print org chart.

Hi Henry,

Regarding the issue with printing in SharePoint 2010. We are working on migration SharePoint 2013 version to SharePoint 2010. It uses different printing logic. It converts org chart as an image and you can download it to your PC. Then print using PDF printer or any other printer. We chose this approach because it allows to provide picture with all expanded org chart without resizing to fit it into single page.

If you are good with such functionality I can let you know about the release. The new major version will be available soon for SharePoint 2010.

Note, printing will not work in IE8 and IE9. You will need to use other browser to print org chart.

[quote=“Anton Khritonenkov”]Hi Henry,

Note, printing will not work in IE8 and IE9. You will need to use other browser to print org chart.[/quote]

Cool, please do let me know when that release will be available. Is there an time estimate?

It will be available next week. I can’t provide more specific time.

Hi Anton, is the new release to support printing from SharePoint 2010 available yet?

Hi Henry, It is available now and you can download it from the product page.

Note, you need to remove current version before installation of the new major version.

Hi Anton,

I am heading the SharePoint Org Chart project for henry_ong however I have encountered an issue with the deployment of your solution because we are already have a different version of the Newtonsoft.Json.dll being used by a different solution. When deploying I received the following error “Error: Cannot add the specified assembly to the global assembly cache: Newtonsoft.Json.dll” any suggestions?

Hi,

As quick resolution I can suggest you to remove this assembly from global assembly cache before installation of our product. You can use GAC Manager tool to find the assembly, open containing folder, copy dll to backup it. Then use GAC Manager to uninstall the assembly. Then start installation of our product. The assembly will be installed during installation of the product.

We will consider your issue for future releases, thank you for your issue report.

Please let me know about the results.

[quote=“aalvarado”]Hi Anton,

I am heading the SharePoint Org Chart project for henry_ong however I have encountered an issue with the deployment of your solution because we are already have a different version of the Newtonsoft.Json.dll being used by a different solution. When deploying I received the following error “Error: Cannot add the specified assembly to the global assembly cache: Newtonsoft.Json.dll” any suggestions?[/quote]

Do you cave any updates for this? Did you try to use my recommendations?

The .dll that we have currently installed is a newer version 6.0.6.17820 than the one provided in your solution (6.0.3.177227). Best practice would be to have newer stay installed…

As I know If versions are different they has to be installed both to GAC. We will research this issue. I will keep you posted.