Compressed Org Chart to allow full company on one screen

I'm trying to allow our full company to display in one full display of the Org Chart. To allow it to show fully, I need it to be a LOT more compressed.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to compress all the names of the people with the same job title onto one box. We have many teams with up to 11 people with the same job title.

If that isn't possible in any way, is it possible to reduce the spacing between top/bottom of the boxes so they are effectively stacked? Ideally only at a specific level, ie conditional formatting on the padding around level 4.

Lastly, can font size or Images be changed based on level? ie Photos and bigger for 1-3 and small/no photo for level 4+?

Hi @adrienne,

Sadly, both of these scenarios cannot be implemented.

But it is possible to remove the image and make the font size smaller for all boxes of the 4th level and higher. To do this, check the 'Level numbers inside box' setting under 'General', and paste the following code into the 'Custom JavaScript' section:

api.onBoxRendered((box, itemData) => {
    let boxLevel = itemData.pochContext.boxLevelNumber;
    let $card = $(box.elem).find(".poch-group-item__card");

if (boxLevel >= 4) {
        $card.attr("id","level4");
    }
});

Next, paste the following code into the 'Custom CSS' tab:

.poch-node-level {
    display: none;
}

#level4 {
    min-height: 60px;
    height: 60px;
}

#level4 .poch-photo-container.is-medium {
    display: none;
}

#level4 .poch-box__field.poch-box__header {
    font-size: 12px !important;
}

#level4 .poch-box__content {
    font-size: 10px;
}

Result:

If anyone else is coming across this issue, this is how I resolved it:

I got help on this other post to make it happen.
Made a Multi-row column, set it to 'Enhanced rich text'
In PlumSail Org Chart Configuration, under Templates, Display as 'rich text', it worked without needing to use HTML.

While it's not dynamic to each employee profile, it significantly simplified our org chart.
As you can see here, we have 11 people with the same job title reporting to the same person.
I've made the job title the first line, with a multiline rich text column the field for staff names, allowing for this larger list.

1 Like