Create closed status of Referred

Hi there,

We’re currently using “Solved” as our ticket status for closing tickets, but we also need to be able to closed tickets as “Referred” when we close a ticket because the client has been referred to the correct department (Clients are not happy with “Solved” when their issue has not been).

We have been able to add the Ticket status. We have copied the same email trigger as Solved. We have adjusted the List view so that Referred is also hidden.

However, the My Tickets block above the list still lists the number of tickets that includes Referred, when it should not be counting those anymore.

Is there something else we need to modify to make a duplicate of “Solved” for Referred tickets?


Hello Matthew,

Thank you for your question.

To hide the tickets with the new "Referred" status you need go to the View settings:

And adjust the "Filter" rules adding a new one as shown in the screenshot below:

Best regards
Anna Dorokhova
Plumsail team​

Hi Anna,

Thanks for letting me know that. I've been able to sort that out, so the list does not display Referred.

However, they still show on my stats at the top of the list.

Please see screenshot. I have 29 open tickets, but the block at the top says I have 30.

Do you know where that block gets it's stats from?

Hello Matthew,

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to customize the buttons itself.

It’s probable, that this functionality will be included in one of our future releases for free.

If you are interested to have it earlier, our paid support may implement this feature for you. Please, find more information about it here.

Best regards,
Anna Dorokhova
Plumsail Team

I would also like this feature. Created a new status to close tickets without sending an email, but because they are still assigned to me I get an inaccurate display of active tickets.

Hello @Daro91, we really appreciate your feedback. If we receive more requests for this feature, we will include it into our roadmap.

Hi - I have just started using plumsail and created a new status and have the same problem with the ticket counts. Can you advise if there is a work around to this problem in the current version?

Hello, @msudnik

HelpDesk uses cache for performance purposes, so any changes that affect counting data can be applied after cleaning the cache. You can open an incognito browser window and check whethe the counter works properly.

Thanks! I can see that the counter values are correct in incognito mode. Anyway of clearing the cache either globally or on a client computer? We are using Office 365.


Clear browser cache on a client computer, I think, it should help.

I also created a sort order column and updated the default view of the ticket status list to use the sort order. I was hoping that this was apply to the "Save as..." menu, but it does not seem to. Can you confirm if this should or should not work? Is there a way to make this display in a defined order?


Well, I need to ask developers about this. But now I can suggest you a palliative. The order of statuses is determined by their IDs, so you can just delete all items of the list except system statuses ‘New’ and ‘Solved’. The last two will always be on the top of the dropdown list, but the rest can be created in the order you would like.

Hello, @msudnik

I asked developers about custom status sorting, and for now, it is not implemented. If we receive more requests for this feature, we will include it into our roadmap. So the only choice you have is to use the way I described above.

@msudnik I am not sure if you still need to know how to sort the statues.
I have found out how to do it, it is a bit manual but it works.

So the first thing you need to do is (you don't need to do it but it helps in generating your code) is create a column that will hold the array index of each status, it will just be 1 less than the Id:

Once you have sorted the statuses in the order that you want, use this code to reorder the statues:

//Function sort statues
function sortTicketStatues(){
    var sortedStatues = [];
    //Get original statues from the toolbar
    var originalStatues = fd.toolbar.$children[0].$children[0].statuses
    //Sort statues depending on what you want using the array numbers
    //Update statues
    fd.toolbar.$children[0].$children[0].statuses = sortedStatues;    

Then you add this to the fd.rendered function so that it reorders the form on load

	//sort ticket statues on load

and you get:


1 Like