Email replies are opening new tickets

I am trying to figure out this problem that I am having with Plumsail HelpDesk setup.

All email replies to notifications are opening a brand new ticket with slightly different title, not adding the comments to the existing tickets.

new-tickets

This behavior is really frustrating. It seems to happen no matter what the subject line to the email is, whether “Re:” is removed from the subject line, etc. At one time, this worked properly - I see email replies in older tickets. Is there a subject line format we have to use in order to have this work properly?

Updating to say that I resolved this issue through trial and error. What fixed it was ensuring that the subject line contained the Ticket ID, in exactly this format: [#{{Ticket.ID}}]. Sharing this in case anyone else runs into similar issue in future.

Hello, @jenniferw.

It is great that you have enough patience to use trial and error method. :wink: After creating a ticket, HelpDesk engine creates unique subjects by appending tickets IDs to original subjects of messages and then notifying a requester about creating a ticket (receiving a request). If the requester needs to follow-up his original message then it is necessary to answer to notification that contains the ticket ID in its subject. Appending tickets IDs to notification subjects is provided by a default HelpDesk trigger ‘Notification: Requester - New ticket’.