Erroring logging into account.plumsail.com + forms broken

Is the service having some kind of outage? We're seeing internal server error from auth.plumsail.com with "An error occurred while starting the application."

Edit: this seems to be affecting the support ticket area (widget stuck at spinning cursor) so I can't generate a new ticket - hence the post here - and of course logging into account details is a no-go as well.

3 Likes

Having the same issue here

Hello,

Our apologies, our team is aware of the problem. We're already investigating the issue and doing our best to solve it asap.

2 Likes

is there any update on when this might be resolved?

same issues here. all my forms are not working

Same issues here. Can you guys change the way licensing works in case your servers are down? Perhaps forms should stay intact working, but users would not be able to edit them if they don't have valid subscription or when your servers are down?

Dear @TKey,
Of course, we're currently working on it - whole team is on it. A solution should be available as soon as possible.

1 Like

@TKey - I recently did that with similar scenarios for some of our apps. I figured there was no reason to check licensing every time so we store a token and date/time stamp. We're starting to push everyone to look at what they are getting via service every time and if it's needed EVERY TIME vs occasionally.

Do you have any information? What's the status ? All our systems are affected by this problem

For enterprise systems/service like SPO, there should be a minimal impact from the third party provider. In my opinion, forms should not be affected even when you cancel subscription! They should still work as we built them/designed them, but you could not change them in case you do not have a valid subscription.

1 Like

Yep, it only takes one outage to take a step and think about those scenarios. That said, Plumsail has been rock solid so I can't be too hard on them. Maybe they will rethink that now.

Frankly speaking we thought it works like that. I can pay even 3x if I had certainty that it won't crash in such cases

I agree, it is rock solid solution, and the support is great! However, when something like this happens and an entire business is down, the pressure is on you.

I've been using their products for probably 12 years without an incident, so though it's easy to question that setup, what's currently in place has worked well. That said, Plumsail seems to take feedback and suggestions seriously so I bet they look at options to minimize future outtages like this.

2 Likes

As someone who used to be Critical Incident for an HA infrastructure (and is now app development), 100% echo the sentiment so far here.

The product itself is great from a developer's perspective and I absolutely wish to continue using it moving forward, but this does show a vulnerability in the method of license verification on the form level.

Personally, I think license checks on new form or form edit are fine in the grand scheme of things, as that is an acceptable vulnerability for the rare occasion like this, but the already deployed forms and applications shouldn't have to constantly check when opened. Whether that be a stored token in the SharePoint repository or removing it all together on the form level is another question, but either would allow Business as Usual to continue even in a critical outage, but still leave enough control as to not undermine the licensing entirely.

Obviously, that's just my unsolicited two cents though. Keeping ears open for updates and good luck to the support team in finding a solution! :slight_smile:

Dear everyone,
The current issue is that Microsoft has blocked our main account due to a phishing report on one of our public web forms. The phishing issue was known, and we were taking measures to combat it, but it seems that Microsoft has taken matters into its own hands.

Unfortunately, all of our services were deeply integrated with the main account, and we didn't expect it to be completely blocked with no warning. We're currently transferring services to our reserve accounts (this will take time), and we're also contacting Microsoft's support to resolve the matter with the main account. As soon as there is any progress - we'll let you know!

If you can, please, contact Microsoft on this matter - this might speed up the process!

You can ask to re-evaluate and enable our Azure subscription as it contains business critical services: 92bdd511-0d24-49e1-a22f-21613cb66249

Azure Support Request ID:

1 Like

What info can we give them?

Just updated it above! Thank you!

Dear everyone,
SharePoint Forms should now be available! We're working on bringing public web forms up as well!