Erroring logging into account.plumsail.com + forms broken

Hello @Jamal_Smith-Graham,

Microsoft has blocked our account due to a phishing report on one of our public web forms. The phishing issue was known, and we were taking measures to combat it. This is the only message we have from Microsoft:

We have already taken steps to prevent our services from being used in phishing campaigns.

1 Like

Is there any word on steps to prevent Forms being unusable in the case of a critical outage? As much as I like the product, if this remains a vulnerability, my leadership has a very difficult sell in staying with the platform.

I think many of us agree that there is not a necessity for the actual Form to have to contact Plumsail servers in order to function each time a client opens one. Please pardon my lack of tact, but as long as that remains in effect, I don't see our final decision makers being comfortable in moving forward.

Yes thinking on the same page. I am trying to include plumsail in a massive government contract - it would be great if the versions going forward Obtain all the artefacts with no external calls and updates are provided by app package instead of via the JavaScript files that get loaded remotely.

Funnily enough one client caches which often causes problems when new updates are pushed but it kept a critical gas pipeline running yesterday as the outage did not take them offline.

Hello @kcitcontract & @Chris_Grist,

Thank you for your patience!

You are totally correct correct! And that is why SharePoint forms had much shorter outage - about 4 hours in total, for most users even less since scripts were loaded from cache, both browser's and CDN.

Our current actions: we're improving stability by decreasing dependency from a single platform, Azure.

Further actions: we'll consider an option with implementing a separate version which stores its JS and CSS files directly in the client's SharePoint tenant. But it's much more complicated to supply updates with bug fixes and improvements for such versions as fast as we do it now.

In the Services outage on March 29th, 2022 blog post you can find more details about the outage and the timeline.

1 Like

Thank you Plumsail for your efforts! Regardless of what's happened your products and services are excellent. I'm certain you will learn from this outage and improve your processes so it doesn't happen again.

1 Like