FIlter "AssignedTo" Dropdown

Hi together,

I’m trying to Filter the DropDown List “AssingedTo”. I only want to show users with an E-Mail address like "...@test.com" and don’t show users with an E-Mail address like "...@xy.test.com".

What is the best way to do that?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi,

Thank you for your question.

There is no wildcard or contains filter, but you can restrict it to SharePoint group. You can create group, let us say "Agents", then add all agents for your help desk into this group.

Update: You may need to open your forms in Forms Designer and save them. It is required to let know Forms Designer about new filtration settings. Please take a look at this article to understand how to open and save your form. You may also watch related video to understand how Forms Designer works. You need to save New and Edit forms.

Could you describe your case? Why do you need this kind of filtration? Probably we should consider your case for future releases.

Best regards
Anton Khritonenkov

Hi Anton,

I already tried this. But the restriction to a single SharePoint Group has no effect. I want to do this, to avoid assigning an internal ticket to a customer. There sometimes are similar names and mistakes can easily be made. I only need about 10 persons in AssignedTo Picker, instead of thousands. Thats why I want to filter it.

Best regards.

Thank you for the note.

You may need to open your forms in Forms Designer and save them. It is required to let know Forms Designer about new filtration settings. Please take a look at this article to understand how to open and save your form. You may also watch related video to understand how Forms Designer works. You need to save New and Edit forms.

I have added update to my last reply.

Hi Anton,

great, seems to work. Will modifications like these also be available after updating to a newer version of HelpDesk?

Best regards.

Hi,

It depends on update. We try to modify forms as rare as possible. You need to read update notes before updating. If there is a note about forms update, you need to open Forms Designer and save forms again after update.

We will add this to troubleshooting steps for update documentation.