Hide entire page in Word document

Hi everyone,
I would like to know if there is any way to hide an entire page in a Word document basing on the value of a parameter without leaving an entire blank page in the middle of the document.

Thank you in advance

Hi @ga_b,

You can try to hide an entire chapter or entire table, using hide-if formatter. Just add the hide formatter to the title of a chapter and it will be hidden conditionally.

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail team

Hello! does this feature still work and do you have an example of it? I am using hide-block-if in the header. It was partly working before but I am struggling with it now

1 Like

Hello @maddi,

Yes, hide-block-if formatter works. You can find the formatter description and examples in the documentation

We recommend using the hide-block-if formatter to hide a single block of the document. If you want to hide elements from an array, use the filter operation instead of the hide formatter.

If you share your docx sample and describe the case and expected result we can check why it's not working and suggest a solution. If it's not convenient to share the sample here you can send it to support@plumsail.com and refer to the community topic.

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team

Thank you @Petr I've sent an email thanks!

1 Like

Hi @maddi,

I replied in the ticket. I'll also mention here that if you want to hide only a part of a paragraph, we advise you to use rich text content control.

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team

Hi Petr, I was wondering if the following would be possible:
For the same section -
Hide an entire section (say three pages) that contains a variety of content in word; tables, richtext, regular text, images. OR
Hide individual parts of the same section without hiding the whole section. For example, if I want to turn off two rows of a 5 row table but show the rest of the section.

The issue I'm having is that if I put a section in richtext, i can turn it on and off, but if I want to hide a few rows of a table within that section, it still turns the whole section off. Here's an example. If I turn off a row from the first section, it turns off the whole section even when I want the section to be on
use this json to test richtext.txt (429 Bytes) Richtexttesting.docx (19.4 KB)

Thanks!

Hi @maddi,

Yes, the nesting of the elements will not work with the hide-block-if formatter. You need to place them separately: rich text, then the table as a separate element.

Probably you can combine hide-block-if and filter operations: hide block for the header and filter for the table. But it requires changing the JSON to use an array with the filter operation.

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team