Is User Member of SharePoint Group failing from time to time

Before adding a user to a group I check if the user is already a member of the said SharePoint group using the Plumsail action "Is User Member of SharePoint Group". This sometimes works without issues, and in other runs it fails responding with an 400. The error is the following:

{
"request": {
"url": null,
"traceId": "0HLSTFVJM1DRE5D14ca897a"
},
"error": {
"code": "ApplicationResultException",
"message": "Can't resolve the username: (...)"

After having this issue I encapsulated this action with an Until Loop having a delay of 30 seconds between each execution. If it does not work in the first run it is able to run it between the 2nd to 4th run and able to add all the users. This of course consumes more actions and takes longer than necessary, which is undesired.

Could you please help me to understand this behavior and help me address it? Best regards.

Hello, João.

Could you try using of full users' UPNs instead of shorten account names? I mean user@company.onmicrosoft.com instead of user@company.com.

This is exactly what I'm doing:

What I find weird is that it sometimes fails, but running it inside the same until loop it might work 30 seconds after. This doesn't have a pattern, it appears to be random.

João, I need to consult with developers on this matter since I couldn't reproduce the issue. I will keep you in touch on this.

Thank you for looking into it, I will be on the lookout for updates then. In the meantime if you need more information from my side I'll be more than glad to give it to you. Cheers.

1 Like

Hello @Evgeniy any news regarding this issue?

Unfortunately, there is none. I am sorry for the delay - please open a ticket on this issue and mention me in it so it would be assigned to me. I've replied to you in another topic too.

Just recently, I have been notified that developers made some changes the logic of the action so it should prevent recurring of the issue. Please test it and let us know whether the issue persists.

Hello, thanks for the information. Seems to be working, if I run against any issues again I'll inform you. Cheers.

1 Like