Linking Tickets together

Hi All,

I've been looking for a way to link tickets together, for example to split a task / job into different parts but be able to keep track of them together.

I've found a post about linking tickets together which looks like it'll do what we want

But it's based on the old interface with tabs, which don't seem to be in the new interface. Is that still the best way of doing it or if there an alternative way now?

Thanks in advance
Rich

Hi Rich! Though the interface in the solution is outdated, you still can use the described approach and modify it according to your needs. It is not necessary to use tabs, I suggested that just to split viewing the discussion and related tickets. You can add the list or library control to any appropriate place on the form. Also, I would recommend to test the customisation on a test HelpDesk site first and only then move it to the production one: you may break the forms and thus affect the HelpDesk usability.

Hi Evgeniy,

Thanks for that, I've been playing around with the forms using the original post but I can't get the related ticket to show in the list or library control. It's probably something obvious I've missed but it's not showing the related ticket.

I've put it in 2 places to see which one looks better but it's not showing in either. Here are the settings I've used, can you see what I've missed?

Thanks
Rich

I think I may have worked it out, I was thinking it would work like a parent / child relationship but it doesn't. If I put ticket 3 in the related tickets field on ticket 4 it doesn't show anything on ticket 4. If I go onto ticket 3 it will show the relationship to ticket 4, if that makes sense :smiley:

1 Like

That is right, Rich. The 'List or Library' control shows all items that 'look' at the current, i.e. have the current item added to their lookup property.