Time for Grant permissions to Run

I have a flow removing all permissions on an item after creation and then adding permissions based on employee and supervisor in the item. That is working but it is taking minutes per item. Should it take that long?

Hello @rodmiddleton,

Could you send me a screenshot with the flow?

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail Team

Here you go.
Flow-Permissions-1

Thanks
Rod

@rodmiddleton

Usually, it takes ~10-20 sec to complete the action, I suppose MS Flow may add additional delays.
Also, maybe this was a peak hour (for example many people tried to use SharePoint actions at the same time) in that case some delays also possible.

Recently we migrated to another server, so you can try to run it now and let me know if there are any changes.

Took longer today. About an hour or 1.5 minutes per item. About 33 seconds per call to change permissions. Attaching the results for you to see.

Hello @rodmiddleton

Since the time is about 20 seconds plus some extra time could be aded by MS Flow as well I think we can expect such processing rate here.

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail Team

Other items like creating or updating an item in sharepoint are a second or less everytime. 30 seconds is not reasonable for production. I’ll have to resort to another product or API.

Hello @rodmiddleton,

Today we’ve made some improvements. Could you let me know how it works now, please?

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail Team

Hello @rodmiddleton,

I’d like to add that we’re going to work on improving the action speed within next 2 weeks. Please give it a try later and share with us how it goes. Thank you!

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail Team

It is much faster today. What was taking an hour or more is down to 11 minutes on average.

Thank You

2 Likes